About Natural Resource Services
Are you planning to build an addition, install a dock or clear trees on a property in Rhode Island, Massachusetts or Connecticut?
Homeowners are often zealous when it comes to expanding their homes or building on their land, but it's essential that proper precautions are taken to protect the environment and work within state regulations when completing these projects. Luckily, NRS can make the process simple with our comprehensive delineation and permitting services.
Your Partner in Environmental Protection
Wetlands are a crucial part of the ecosystem here in New England. Not only do these water-saturated plots of land provide homes for an array of wildlife, but they are also instrumental in feeding local rivers, trapping floodwaters, maintaining groundwater levels and removing pollution from the environment.
For these reasons, regulatory agencies around the country have taken steps to protect wetlands and maintain their integrity. The zoning and permitting processes required to build near wetlands are often complicated and confusing. That's why homeowners, contactors and builders alike turn to NRS - so they can work with experienced professionals who can identify and preserve local wetlands while still pushing your project forward.
Experts that Understand Wetlands and Southern New England
Natural Resources Services, Inc. employs a team of experienced professionals who have the skills necessary to guide homeowners through the regulatory processes associated with construction projects both large and small.
President and CEO
Scott founded Natural Resource Services in 1987 and has since acquired more than 30 years of experience working with properties around New England. As president of NRS, Scott oversees all of the client projects, regulatory applications and reporting, and follow-up work.
Education and Certifications
- B.S. Natural Resource Science
- M.S. Business Management
- Professional Wetland Scientist #1410, Society of Wetland Scientists
- Technical Service Provider, Wildlife Habitat Improvements, US Department of Agriculture
- Environmental Subconsultant, Wetlands, RI Department of Transportation
- Former State Representative, District 60, from 1995-2002
- Judicial Nominating Commission, from 2014-Present
- Legislative Commission, Freshwater Wetlands Act Review, from 2013-2015
- The Wildlife Society - Investment Review Committee Member
- Charter Member of the RI Association of Wetland Scientists
With a general studies degree from the Community College of Rhode Island, a bachelors from URI in psychology and ten years of secretarial and graphics preparation experience, Kayleigh is an invaluable administrative asset.
- Serves as assistant to the company president, and provides a wide variety of secretarial and GIS graphic tasks.
- As the prime contact for all new and repeat business, recorded and directed telephone calls, messages, and in online traffic.
- Entered and tracked all new job contracts, including use of QuickBooks accounting program.
- Using ARCMap program, manipulated GIS data and drafting files in order to generate aerial photographs and related graphics.
- Compiled necessary components for the successful submission of detailed application packages to the RI Department of Environmental Management, Office of Water Resources (DEM, OWR) and the RI Coastal Resources Management Council (CRMC).